Re: OT-OTHER: Sabrina

From: DWiris@aol.com

Dear Leslie and Linda,

SABRINA'S KISS is, indeed, a Willott 1997 introduction.  Back in 1994 I was
showing some judges around our public iris garden and we looked at some
seedlings that were part of our attempts at SDB pink plicatas.  I complained
about the many generations we had been working on this without getting what we
were looking for.  A few minutes later we came to a group of SDB pink
seedlings that were blooming for the first time and the judges saw me jump up
and down.  Here, where I never expected it, was a pink plicata.

The description is:  Ruffled pale pink ground standards dotted and edged light
red-violet; light red-violet styles; pink ground falls narrowly edged and
dotted light red-violet, heavier markings in hafts; deep orange beards.  12
inches.  (Pink Caper X 88-39:((Apricot Tart x Coral Wings) x ((Mister Roberts
x Fresh Face) x Coral Wings))).  The only place I can see plicata background
is from Mister Roberts which is a cross of Inca Star (I. pumila) X Happy Halo
(TB plicata in rose tones).  However, we never got any other plicatas out of
Mister Roberts.

SABRINA'S KISS will be listed at $7.50 in our 1999 Price List.  I was hoping
to get the Price List out before the postage increase, but I'm running out of
time and am not even ready for Christmas.

Happy Holidays,

Dorothy Willott