Re: ROT

From: Amy Moseley Rupp <amy@ece.utexas.edu>

> Unless you have shares in the bleach company I would suggest that you just
> stick to the wonderfully hardy Louisiana Iris.  No rust, no rot, no
> die-back, no pests, no problems.......     Your poor friend Linda must be
> beside herself with frustration and her garden must smell mightly clean.....

One note... those of us with some rot problems but *alkaline* soil
and not much rainfall have to invest in the sulfur mining industry
and in the water company... sulfur smells a bit worse than bleach...

Amy, from Texas where it mostly seems growing ANYTHING is a
challenge unless you are willing to accept the Plant of the Season --
meaning plant a bunch of stuff, one or two things will surprise you
by thriving in whatever weird conditions we happen to get that
growing season.