IRC: Friday Chat

From: Ann Pearce <jac@senet.com.au>

Greetings all,
                 John is busy tonight with Christmas party preparations, but
I can tell you that the IP address for tonight's chat is:

The port must be set to 6667 (generally the default)

Remember the IP address may change before we start the chat so if you get an
error message trying to connnect, be sure to check for a new IP address at:

The chat channel is:

#iris-l        [all lower case]

once you are logged on the server type:

/join #iris-l

Chat information and links are available on John's Webpage at:

If you need help tonight, e-mail jijones@ix.netcom.com or jac@senet.com.au
Or call John on 510-795-9723.

Our backup chat server is on the austnet (no longer on the undernet).

To get there just put

in the same location that you normally put Vengers IP address.

(if you want a more specific server, the name list is available at the
address below:)

Just put the name in the same location that you normally put Vengers IP
address. Or just type:

/server (server name)

/server sound.mo.us.austnet.org

try port 6665 or 6666 before trying 6667. Sometimes it takes me 1 or 2 tries
to get on. I think austnet will be less busy than the undernet.

The name of the chat channel is the same - #iris-l (all lower case.)