CAT: Iris catalogs (was SIGNA list)

From: Ann Pearce <jac@senet.com.au>

Jim Horvitz wrote:

>Pardon the innocence of a newcomer to Iris and the list. What is the SIGNA
>list? How do you get it?  Who can I contact to get the Tempo Two catalog.

The Tempo Two catalog is well worth getting, but if you're new to irises,
you may do better to start with catalogs from the top growers in the US.
The two most outstanding catalogs are generally regarded as being those from
the Schreiner's and Cooley's gardens.

Schreiner's Iris Gardens
  3629 Quinaby Road
  Salem, OR 97303

  catalog $5

Website  http://www.schreinersiris.com/schreinersiris/

Cooley's Gardens
11553 Silverton Rd., N.E.
P.O. Box 126NT
Silverton, OR 97381

catalog $5
Website http://www.cooleysgardens.com

Happy reading and Merry Christmas!

Ann Pearce
Adelaide, South Australia

"To know someone here or there with whom you feel there is an understanding
in spite of distances or thoughts unexpressed - that can make of this earth
a garden."  --Goethe