CAT: Ordering from Australia

From: "Jan Clark" <janclarx@hotmail.com>

Rusty writes:
>there's a huge shipping charge (like $100) and there's no guarantee
that the rhizomes will survive the trip, because right now, while we're
freezing, they're enjoying their summer...

Yep - summer in Australia - overcast and cold, sneezing and snuffling
from the 'flu', and rugged up in a thick woolly jumper - and really
looking forward to Christmas (not!)

If anyone is importing from Australia, the best time is probably our
Autumn. They will arrive at the end of your spring, ready to be planted
at the same time as normal. They may bloom in their first Autumn. If you
want specific irises from Barry Blyth or Graeme Grosvenor, order early,
and specify your delivery time. If you order later, you may not get what
you want, or you might get a smaller rhizome, as they are nearly sold
BTW - all my orders from Tempo Two have been good sized and extremely
healthy. The main consideration, if you order a new cv. is how it will
grow in your area. Remember our winters are not severe, and our summers
are very hot and dry (er, usually).

Regards, Jan Clark