Re: CAT: Ordering from Australia

From: "heather & bernard pryor" <irishaven@pip.com.au>

>>"Jan Clark" <janclarx@hotmail.com wrote:

If anyone is importing from Australia, the best time is probably our
Autumn. They will arrive at the end of your spring, ready to be planted at
the same time as normal. They may bloom in their first Autumn. Regards, Jan

I concur.  We usually send our iris to the USA in April, which coincides
with our Easter school holidays.  Iris sent at this time seem to have the
best chance of switching over to the reversed seasons with the least amount
of bloom loss etc.   For those of you wanting to call OZ the country code is
61.  So, if you were going to call us it would be .............(your country
access code to international dialing) 61 2 9144.3805.  The 2 is our Sydney
area code, which is 02 calling from here.

I was talking to Heidi Blyth yesterday who advised that they were getting
lots of rain in Pearcedale.

We in Sydney have a cooler day of 23 degrees C today, which is great for
gardening, especially after the 33 degrees C day yesterday.  It was so hot
yesterday that the normally timid birds who frequent our birdbath in our
back yard were all sitting on the edge of the bath together splashing each
other to keep cool.  Poor things!  I felt like taking them out a cool drink!

Cheers from sunny Oz.
Heather Pryor