Re: REB: rebloom/bloom?

From: Pat Bass <bpbass@gj.net>

Dorothy A. Fingerhood wrote:

> From: daf10@cornell.edu (Dorothy A. Fingerhood)
>
> Mike wrote:
>
> From: "Mike Sutton" <suttons@lightspeed.net>
> >
> >While all of you are having such interesting weather I thought I would throw
> >in the fact that the rebloomers here
> >had snow on them this morning.  I agree it is time to get rid of 1998 and
> >move on to something nicer.
> >
> >Mike Sutton in believe it or not snowy California. zone 8/9 and cold cold
> >cold cold...........
>
> Unbelievable!!! If I hadn't wimped out and cut back my rebloomers a month
> ago when we SURELY should have had several killing frosts in a
> row....instead of covering them through a couple of wimpers......I could
> have had IRISES on the table for a Christmas centerpiece!!!
>
> Me, I kind of liked this years' weather.  I still haven't dug out the heavy
> duty ice scraper, and I have no idea where the snow shovel is....   a person
> could get used to this.
>
> Dorothy (Fingerhood) Stiefel
> (Newfield, NY----USED to be Zone 4/5)

> Hey, there--how about eight inches of the white stuff and cold! cold! cold! and
> supposed to get even colder tonight--below zero!   I just have to think of all
> the nitrogen that is going to the lawn and flowers when this white stuff all
> melts.

Please forgive me for the "Jesus Is Better Than Santa" bit.  Being a pastor's
wife I feel so bad that people don't even know what Christmas is all about any
more.  One woman even complained that there was too much "religious" music being
played on the loud speakers at the mall!  Jesus is the Reason for the Season!

Merry Christmas to all!    Pat in snowy Colorado!