CAT: Orders from Australia

From: Sharon McAllister <73372.1745@compuserve.com>

Harry wrote:

>  Saw some really "steep" shipping costs quoted (Rusty? quoted $100).  Can
you
>  give us an idea of what your experiences have been with shipping costs,
elapse
>  times between ordering/shipping, etc??

I don't remember exactly what the per rhizome surcharge was for airmail
shipment, but after factoring in the exchange rate my total cost per
rhizome was less than that of comparable vintages purchased from U.S.
suppliers.   Of course, I ordered only recent introductions.  If you
ordered only the older, less expensive ones, the ratio of shipping costs to
rhizome cost would raise dramatically and it would undoubtedly pay to order
from U.S. suppliers.

Sharon McAllister
73372.1745@compuserve.com