Re: BULBS

From: "william b. cook" <billc@atlantic.net>

> Does anyone sell named cvs of I. reticulata, I. danfordiae, etc.?
Judging
> by the SIGNA seed list such things exist, but where on earth would I get
> them?  None of the local garden centers seem to be carrying them (maybe
I'm
> too late and should have checked a few months ago).  But even when they
do,
> it's usually mixed bags.

Dennis,
     A few of the Garden Centers in Lexington used to sell a few of those,
but to get them, one had to hit the shops almost as soon as the bulbs
arrived.  Sadly, I found these to be rather poor performers that were very
short-lived.  That may or may not be typical of the species.
     Although it may be hard to find, the MDB [Pumila] ATROVIOLACEA would
be a more reliable early Iris in your area.  I had success with that one in
Lexington.  When I moved, I sent it all north.

Mark A. Cook
billc@atlantic.net
Dunnellon, Florida.	[Tiger Eye Irises still blooming]