From: Irisborer@aol.com

In a message dated 12/21/1998 10:33:31 PM Eastern Standard Time,
dkramb@tso.cin.ix.net writes:

<< Does anyone sell named cvs of I. reticulata, I. danfordiae, etc.?  Judging
 by the SIGNA seed list such things exist, but where on earth would I get
 them?  None of the local garden centers seem to be carrying them (maybe I'm
 too late and should have checked a few months ago).  But even when they do,
 it's usually mixed bags. >>

Hi Dennis:

There are several named cvs of I. reticulata - although the names don't come
to mind at the moment.  Some are blue, some almost white and the others shades
of velvety purple.  I personally find the darker ones more attractive.

You are definately too late this year, but I would recommend getting a couple
of good bulb catalogs in 1999 and ordering from them.  Some recommendations
would be McClure and Zimmerman,  Old House Gardens, Van Engelen.  The latter
is a wholesale catalog and you must buy larger quantities (so order with a

Kathy Guest in East Aurora, NY where Charming Daughter will join me today to
blitz decorating/shopping and etc.