Re: Subject: BULBS (sources for reticulata cvs)

From: Bill Shear <BILLS@hsc.edu>

I can second Dennis' enthusiasm for Von Engelen.  They send top quality
stuff and the prices are unbeatable--if you can buy in quantity.  I got
'George,' 'Springtime' and 'Katherine Hodgkin' from them last year.  All
bloomed well, but with the drought still continuing, no reticulata foliage
has yet appeared.

We were slated for three rainy days this weekend, but I can now see the
front line approaching from the NW, and there appears to be no rain in it
for us.

We do have some superficial soil moisture now, but a foot down it is still
bone dry.

Bill Shear
Department of Biology
Hampden-Sydney College