Re: OT AIS Conv

From: "Carryl M. Meyer" <carrylm@bigsky.net>

Thanks for the more work on the web page--the first time I tried
it--nothing printed--today, 2 sheets printed but lost some parts of words
on the right side--still have most the info though--tis great to have the
info early--
Congrats John--hope you have as many good years as we have had--43 next
month--and still going for more!!!
Weather here???? COLD--one does not really know what cold is--until they go
out to put a letter in the mailbox--and in less than 10 seconds the mucous
in your nose freezes!!! What a feeling!!!
We are actually heading for above 0 today---for the past few days--set a
new record of 22 below Sunday night, add the wind (rare here) and it was
about 45 below--what about my poor Iris?  They will probably come through
this winter better than if we have a warm freeze/thaw cycle one--now, they
just get frozen and stay that way till Spring--but this cold seems to kill
the mold spores faster than usual--so do expect loosing fewer to fungal rot
than last winter.
Sorry to hear that central California is cold--we are heading that way in
January to get away from the cold here--the whole town is ice covered--many
accidents due to sliding around--and only about 2" of white mulch now--
Signa list of seeds arrived yesterday, order goes out today
Almanac has arrived, with order list for PCN's seeds--order also goes out
today--twill try to grow some of them here also--
Our Costco had a great sweatshirt with Iris embroidered on it--cream or
sage shirt. lavender-purple Iris--and even a collar--also saw the one in
Wireless--and NORTHERN EXPOSURE shops has a new shirt with both Bearded and
Japanese Iris on it--in cream or Dusty Rose--check this one out--really
pretty!!! It is a garden scene with the Iris in it--much nicer than just
one flower--
Our cold weather is heading east--so watch out for it--do your errands fast
before it arrives--tis not fun going out when it is so cold!!   Carryl in
Western Montana--where we will have a white Christmas--and maybe above 0 be
then!!!