Re: CULT: Cold weather

From: "Mike Sutton" <suttons@lightspeed.net>

-----Original Message-----

>     That may wipe out the Citrus.  For those of you who are experiencing
>the sudden change to cold weather, throw leaves, straw, Pine Needles, or
>some similar material over the plants to help insulate them.  Most Irises
>are hardy at temperatures far colder, but the sudden change...
Yep it did.  I went out and cut some oranges this morning and they were
frozen solid.  An interesting weather phenomenon happened this morning.  We
had freezing fog, don't know if anybody else has ever had it but it is new
to us.  It coats everything with thick frost, kind of like the old freezers
before they had self defrosting ones.  The frost is very powdery and is
covering everything, including the thousands of rebloom stalks.  Oh well
peak spring bloom is only about 3 1/2 months away for us.  (I hope)
Mike Sutton
USDA zone 8/9, 22 degrees for the low and 36 for the high.