Re: CULT:REB: archives, tough ones, etc

From: "Robert & Patricia Roberson" <patrob@centex.net>

I'd be very interested in any list of tough rebloomers.  I'm in the middle
of Texas where we have flood one day and drought the next, temps in the 70's
one day and a high of 20 the next.  I have bloomstalks under tubs now, but
with the temp at 20 for the last couple of nights, I hate to look.  Some
irises do well one year and not the next.  Even 'Immortality' has skipped
spring bloom for me regularly but made up with a late fall display.
'Harvest of Memories,' 'Billionaire,' 'Barn Dance,' and 'Barely There' have
been reliable for me.  And I've had blooms on 'Waltz Across Texas,'
'Winesap,' 'Tea Leaves,' and 'High Ho Silver' up until this freeze.  (I
probably cheated on the latter though as I received the rhizomes from
California in late October and the blooming was probably already triggered).
Others probably would have rebloomed, but I started moving them to the new
lot in July (bad idea) and I was just delighted that they have hung on and
put on good increase when fall finally arrived.

Happy holidays to everyone, and let spring be not far behind!

Patricia Roberson, in Goldthwaite, Texas, with orphan Spanish goat babies in
the utility room, a cozy fire in the fireplace, and no desire to go outside
at all!