Re: CULT:REB: archives, tough ones, etc

From: "Donald Eaves" <donald@eastland.net>

Linda asks:

 Is it because our summer nights are so much warmer that > that they never
get triggered to rebloom?

I'll place my bets on this one.  Not only rebloom, but the overall
performance of the plant(s),
and not just irises.  When I have extended periods of warm nighttime temps,
many plants
simply don't survive no matter how assiduous I am in keeping them mulched
and moist.
Others simply do not thrive until night temps remain cool again.  My own
irises are not an
exception except they usually don't die,  just sit there looking miserable.
 They will grow
if the night temps get cool and they only have to cope with high day temps.
 No experience
with rebloom yet, but based on the performance of the many oncers, I'll not
expect rebloom
until the nights are cool.

Donald Eaves
donald@eastland.net
Texas Zone 7, where we currently have cool DAY temps!