Re: OT-my christmas presents IRIS BOOKS

From: Dorothy Fingerhood <daf10@cornell.edu>

At 08:51 PM 12/26/98 EST, you wrote:
>From: FRich93359@aol.com
>
>I am nineteen going on 20 and have been interested in irises for years.  I
>have about one hundred plants.  Included in that number are abour twenty
eight
>species plants.  I just wanted to tell you folks about the books that I got
>for christmas.
>
>The Genus Iris, W. R. Dykes
>Gardener's guide to growing irises, G. stebbings
>A guide to species irises their identification and cultivation, British iris
>society

Welcome to the list!  Please give us a little more information about
yourself!   I am so envious of the fact that you are getting into irises at
a relatively young age....you have all those years yet to learn, perhaps
hybridize....it's great!

And you have the beginnings of a good library to help you with your species
collection!  I'm amazed at the number of iris books available, either new
or second-hand.  Enjoy your presents!

Dorothy (Fingerhood) Stiefel
daf10@Cornell.edu
(Newfield, NY)