Re: CULT:REB: archives, tough ones, etc

From: Linda Mann <lmann@icx.net>

Pat in Colorado wrote:
> when I lived
> in Kansas
> there were many summer nights where the  temperature did not get below the
> 70's, 80's
> or even 90's sometimes and I had no problem with any iris I grew because of
> that.
> The humidity is quite high in Kansas also.

Here we go again - another one of those annoying iris problems where
nothing is the same everywhere.  Grumpf - no wonder it's so hard to sort
all this out.  Humidity is near saturation here pretty much all summer,
but I don't know what high humidity in Kansas or California means.  I
cannot imagine what a nighttime low in the 90sF must be like. awful.

Did your irises rebloom in Kansas?  Did the nighttime lows stay above 70
for long periods of time?  Were there a few days or a week when low
temps were below 70?  We had a few nights back in August where nighttime
temps dropped into the 50s here in my frostpocket & I'm speculating that
was enough to get HARVEST OF MEMORIES going for fall rebloom, but if the
cool temperature was the trigger for HOM, it sure wasn't the trigger for
any of the other rebloomers.

Linda Mann east Tennessee USA