From: "Mark A. Cook" <billc@atlantic.net>

Dennis Kramb wrote:
> really well this fall/winter with a new plant in my garden called
> calendula.  It bloomed for me non stop from about August until just a
> I have one bloomstalk coming up on an Iris pumila var. attica growing
> indoors.  It looks like it will be white.  Still no stalks on my Iris
> unguicularis var. cretensis though.  That surprises me.  I guess they're
> sulking from being transplanted.
> Dennis,
     Calendula does best in the fall in your climate.  Here, I have seen
it used as a winter annual.  I may try some next year instead of the few
Pansies I have now.  Calendula is a bigger show.
     Isn't that a little odd to have an Iris pumila blooming now, even
inside?  There is still no bloom on my Iris unguicularis yet.

Mark A. Cook
Dunnellon, Florida.