swedish irisproblem

From: pajden@algonet.se

Dear irislisters,

Maybe some of you remember the discussion about the "Swedish irismystery"
some months ago.

Now I have been carrying out quite a lot of research about my unknown. I
have ordered the books you recommended from the library at the swedish
university of agricultural sciences in Uppsala and some other libraries, it
took a little time but at last I got them.

Anner Whitehead suggested I should look at the picture of iris subbiflora on
page 189 inThe Random House Book of Perennials, Volume 1 Early Perennials
(1991) and I did, and I  found that my iris does not look like I subbiflora
at all, but  on the same page is a photo of iris aphylla wich is very
similar to my flower!

Could it really be  I. aphylla ? Ian E. & Shiley Efford in Ottawa said in a
mail to the list 14 Aug  that aphylla does not have creeping roots but mine
has, at least in my garden.

I donīt know much about irises, what should I think?

Some of my irisphotos turned out not altogether bad after all, and my sons
have taught me to write a little HTML-code so I could build  a very simple
homepage in order to show you the flower and get your opinion about it.

It is the absolute minimum of a website, not to compare with those true
masterpieces of art that some irisarians have composed and I must ask you to
have patience, it contains eight rather big pictures which took 8 minutes
and 10 seconds to load down on an old 486-computer with a 28.8 modem now on
Christmas Eve. With a better equipment they will come quicker of course.

The adress is:         http://www.algonet.se/~pajden

I hope it will work and I do really hope that some of you will have time to
take a look at my unknown . Maybe someone recognizes it immediately!

I wish you all a Happy Christmas Holiday!

Maj Ohrstrom, Sweden