Re: climate&rebloom in Kansas

I think Pat Bass pretty well answered all the questions about our climate here. I live in the same area as Pat used to live & we belong to the same Iris Club. In the last few years I have had plenty of rebloom and have noticed when the nights start cooling down to near 35-40 degrees this seems to trigger something & we get rebloom.  The trick is to protect the buds from early frosts. Usually after the first cold night we have beautiful weather for several weeks. Our nice weather lasted much longer than normal which allowed me to pick all the beautiful blooms the 1st of Dec.
Judy E.
Haven, Kansas