Re: LAs: Northern Hardy

From: Dorothy Fingerhood <daf10@cornell.edu>

At 05:06 PM 12/27/98 -0800, you wrote:

>Would like to know if anyone else grows LA's successfully in zones 5 or less
>and appreciate knowing which ones you have been successful with.
>Do LA's always have such a low germination rate? Any tricks to help them

Leroy--Dorothea K. Williamson is perfectly hardy and vigorous here in
upstate NY, but she is the only one I have grown.

Re: germination--I have read that if you can obtain LA seed fresh from the
pod, it is best to plant immediately, before it even dries out completely.
I don't remember the source....but this has stuck in my mind.  Have no
experience with it myself.

Dorothy (Fingerhood) Stiefel
Newfield, NY  (Usually zone 4/5.....this year, NOT)