SPEC: I.aphylla

From: "Ian E. & Shirley Efford" <avocet.intl@sympatico.ca>

Maj's unknown seems to be an aphylla.  The beard is clearly white with
no yellow, which means that lutescens, pallida, and pumila are out.  It
has the deep, irridescent "purple" flowers that I would associate with
aphylla. Futhermore, it appears as if the leaves, spathe and stems may
be perfused with purple.  My aphylla is characterized by the whole plant
being purple, almost dark purple, during the early part of the year.

Without actually seeing the plant and comparing other characters, if is
always difficult to be sure but the photos are quite good which allows a
reasonable guess.

Ian, in Ottawa