SPEC: I.perrieri

From: Sandy Ives <rives@home.com>

Apologies to those who have seen this one before...  Our European
members are in the best position to answer this one.

I have asked for sources of this iris (seed suggested) for a couple of
years with no luck to date.  To the best of my knowledge, it has never
been in SIGNA.

It is a 24 chromosome diploid native to the western alps.  It has been
mistaken for I.aphylla; Brian Matthew corrected his error in the second
edition of 'The Iris'.

I suspect I have to get in touch with Brian Matthew, however, if someone
can provide another source, I would be very appreciative (hmmm, how much
and what species...)

Sandy Ives in Ottawa, Ontario, Canada...where we have a thin white line
of mulch.