OT: New HIPS Publications Chairman

From: HIPSource@aol.com

Greetings.

At the request of Ruth Simmons, who was recently appointed to the position of
Secretary of the American Iris Society, I have the great pleasure and honor of
announcing that Dorothy A. Stiefel, formerly known to us as Dorothy
Fingerhood, has graciously accepted the position of Publications Chairman of
the Historic Iris Preservation Society. Dorothy will be replacing Ruth in this
role.

We welcome Dorothy to the HIPS Board of Directors, and thank her for accepting
the responsibility for this vitally important volunteer position. Dorothy is a
knowledgeable and dedicated long-time member of HIPS, and we know that she
will bring this same dedication and thoughtful industry to her new task.

As HIPS Publications Chairman, Dorothy will be responsible for distributing
the valuable reprints of classic iris documents that HIPS sells to its members
and the interested public. She will also, I am confident, have some ideas
about additional interesting printed resources that HIPS should make
available. Ruth and I are very enthusiastic about the contributions we can
anticipate from Dorothy.

There will, of course,  be a necessary period of transition while the office
files are transferred from Ruth to Dorothy, but this should be brief and I am
sure Dorothy will post a note here to let us all know when she is fully open
for business. In the interim, I would suggest that you direct your inquiries
to:

Dorothy A.Stiefel
HIPS Publications Chairman
1126 Trumbull Corners Road
Newfield, NY 14867
e-mail: daf10@cornell.edu

I'm sure I speak for all in HIPS when I say that we are also enormously proud
that our Ruth Simmons has been appointed to the AIS Board of Directors. We all
wish her well in her new position, and thank her sincerely for all her work
for HIPS.

Anner M. Whitehead (Ms.)
Commercial Source Chairman
Historic Iris Preservation Society, AIS
"Preserving Irises, Iris Documents, and Iris Artifacts for the Future."
HIPSource@aol.com