Re: CULT:REB: archives, tough ones, etc

  • To: iris-talk@onelist.com
  • Subject: Re: CULT:REB: archives, tough ones, etc
  • From: Linda Mann <lmann@icx.net>
  • Date: Thu, 31 Dec 1998 08:33:27 -0800

From: Linda Mann <lmann@icx.net>

> Night time temps rarely drop below 75 usually hang around 80 to 85.  The
> highs in the daytime can reach 115 but usually are in the low 100s.  We
> have
> strong rebloom right thru the high temps.  The high temps do create
> clumping
> in the blooms on most rebloomers but that is about the only negative the
> high temps cause here.

Thanks Mike.  Sigh - so much for that bright idea...I wonder what the
heck is going on with these stupid plants?  Aha - maybe the ones that
bloom in spite of those high temperatures are the ones that won't even
grown here because of the humidity & rain/heat combination?  You
mentioned that some of yours react badly to the humidity.  Are there any
rebloomers that don't bloom in the summer for you & that only start to
bloom in the fall/winter a month or two after nighttime lows get down
below 70 or 60 or ??

Linda Mann east Tennessee USA