Re: SA: temperature vs. horns

  • To: iris-talk@onelist.com
  • Subject: Re: [iris-talk] SA: temperature vs. horns
  • From: Ellen Gallagher <e_galla@moose.ncia.net>
  • Date: Wed, 1 Dec 1999 11:50:39 -0500

From: Ellen Gallagher <e_galla@moose.ncia.net>

	A little correction/addition to this that I wrote in haste
	late last night:

>	She said that maybe the climate in Oregon was the reason that
>	the appendages were missing from the photograph. She also
>	noted the difficulty in photographing flowers.

	Ms. Lawton's reply to Clarence was more expansive than the
	above. Two points: the cool, wet Oregon climate MIGHT be the
	reason that the flower was missing appendages (not the photo
	missing appendages). Also, one of Clarence's points was the
	color of the iris in the photo. He said it did not look like
	the T-bird. Ms. Lawton replied about the difficulty in
	photographing flowers, etc.

	I know Clarence and respect his knowledge...I also
	respect Dave S. on irises so I will close to say that I still
	do not like the flower 'color' - any of the ones that I have
	seen in gardens with the T-bird nametag.

	Keep the private mail re this to a minimum....thx. :)

	Ellen

	Ellen Gallagher/ Berlin, NH / Zone 3