Re: SA: temperature vs. horns

From: "Mike Sutton" <suttons@lightspeed.net>

OK, I will jump in here.  The Oregon climate is very similar to that of
Monty's home garden, I would be surprised if the weather had an influence on
the appendages.  Thornbird almost always has all appendages in our area so
missing them would indicate the possibility of a mis-labeled iris.  As to
the color and the flower itself......it is not my favorite....but it is very
different and the color in this area is very striking.  Who knows, 50 years
down the road Thornbird may have been the predecessor to all the true reds,
it does throw red seedlings.  :-)