Re: JI: Historic...

From: rdhager@dmv.com

> I actually never thought
> much about JI being historic or not... they always seemed to me to be rather
> timeless...
I must agree. Unlike the TB's, where the modern form is obvious, JI
belie their age. There is no such thing as a "modern form" when it comes
to JI, but there could be...
I attended judges training on JI last year and the instructor insisted
that "drooping" forms should be penalized in garden judging. If that
position were to be taken seriously, we could destroy the timelessness
of the JI, eventually relegating all the drooping ones to historic
status. I, for one, wouldn't want that to happen.

R Dennis Hager
on Delmarva

*** Get Your FREE Post it Notes from iPrint.com! ***
Offer for new iPrint.com customers only.  Shipping as low as $3.20.
Click on <a href=" http://clickme.onelist.com/ad/iPrint30 ">FREE OFFER</a>