Re:SA:temperature vs horns

From: "Carryl M. Meyer" <carrylm@bigsky.net>

I really believe in the theory that the temperature effects the horns being
evident or not--when we have a cool spring here--most SA's do not have
horns--or only one of three have horns--but when it warms up--the horns are
more prevalent--this has happened over and over again on many different
SA's--older or newer varieties--
As for Thornbird--here the color is YUK!!  But when I have seen it at Annual
Meeting--it is really pretty--but I did not vote for it as a Dykes--because
it does not do well here--which is the most important criteria for voting
for a flower for the Dykes--
The same for Acoma--here it is pale-insipid-- and slowly dies off over a
couple years--another YUK!--But in Denver the colors are great and
vibrant--but again--did not vote for it because it does not do well here--
When pictures are used in National Magazines--one would hope that the author
is using the best photo available--and if they do not have one--they would
contact someone who has a good one--or else use a different flower!  Carryl
in western Montana zone 3/4