Re: Re:SA:temperature vs horns

From: HIPSource@aol.com

In a message dated 12/2/99 11:54:35 AM Eastern Standard Time,
carrylm@bigsky.net writes:

<< When pictures are used in National Magazines--one would hope that the
author
 is using the best photo available--and if they do not have one--they would
 contact someone who has a good one--or else use a different flower!   >>

Absolutely, Carryl!

I haven't seen this article but this was my take on the whole situation as
presented. I'd say any photo chosen for illustration in a national mainstream
magazine should show the flower with characteristic color and form and be
instantly recognizable to those familiar with the iris. Anything else is just
plain misleading, regardless of whether the plant in the frame had the right
name on it or not.

Anner Whitehead
HIPSource@aol.com