Re: CULT:SPEC: Lloyd's I. tectorum

From: z88keys@mindspring.com (L.Zurbrigg)

>From: HIPSource@aol.com
>In a message dated 11/27/99 5:48:42 PM Eastern Standard Time,
>z88keys@mindspring.com writes:
><< Dear Anner: No, I have not tried bearded pollen on the tectorums, but will
> certainly try a few crosses this year. Thank you for the challenge. I will
> also try the tectorum alba on the seedlings aforementioned. >>
>Lloyd, do you need any white tectorum seeds? I have a few from my selfed
>plants. They are idiot's delight to get going. No chill needed and they bloom
>the second year.
><< This has been lovely weather, - much  much nicer than summer was....>.
>Now that is the understatement of the year! This was a hot, dry, depressing
>summer, intermittently enlivened by major hurricanes. Recent weather has been
>balmy and has found me trying to find things to do in the yard. We even had
>some rain last night. But they say the low temperatures will be in the
>mid-teens by Wednesday, so it is time to batten down the hatches, I suppose.
><,  Also had a nice SDB last week S blue F aqua-green. >>
>How splendid, Lloyd. You sound like you have been getting some lovely green
>and aqua seedlings lately. It is all very exciting!
>Anner Whitehead
Dear Anner:  I will gladly try some of the tectorum alba seeds if you would
like to send them. Note the little memo I just sent on a new horned SA
sdlg. Lloyd Z in Durham.  The chartreuse with blue beards was not among the
casualties from rot. One of its parents is very hardy, a slightly horned
pale blue with super superb branching. (It was not touched either).