Thornbird Info.

From: "Earnest Royal" <royal2@wk.net>

		With some conversations on Thronbird going on. It made me wonder who
voted for it? That is impossible to find out. So I did the next best thing
to satisfy my curiosity. I looked through the 1997 Bulletins and pull a
little information out to post. Might get a mixed bag of opinions, so here

In 1997 there were 975 judges in the U.S. and 23 listed in other parts of
the world. For a total of 998 judges.
Thornbird received 102 votes
	runners up
Supreme Sultan received 69 votes
Conjuration received 53 votes

On the show report for 1997. Thornbird won in 1 show, Conjuration won in 1
show and Supreme Sultan did not win Queen of show in 97'.

On the 100 Favorite list T-Bird was listed 11th with 385 votes, S-Sultan
was listed 20th with 294 votes, and Conjuration was listed 25th with 264

Looking at the total votes for the Dykes Memorial Medal was rather low in
proportion to the total judges for 1997, and the rest of information that
was in the bulletins. So there was a few people that liked it.
I grow it and it does well here. I have seen it different shades, depending
where it is growing. It has bloomed without all it's horns here.
I will continue to grow it because it is different. Although I did not vote
for it for Dykes.
Something to think about, if most of the judges are that divided on being
able to select the Best Iris # 1 for any year. What is going to happen in
the future with ever more Iris to choose from?
Just a few facts mixed with a few thoughts.

Earnest Royal
Kirksey, Ky.
Zone 6/7