Re: [Iris-talk] TB:Thornbird Info.

From: Irisacher@aol.com

In a message dated 12/3/99 2:10:25 AM Eastern Standard Time, royal2@wk.net
writes:

<< With some conversations on Thronbird going on. It made me wonder who
 voted for it? That is impossible to find out. So I did the next best thing
 to satisfy my curiosity. I looked through the 1997 Bulletins and pull a
 little information out to post. Might get a mixed bag of opinions, so here
 goes.

 In 1997 there were 975 judges in the U.S. and 23 listed in other parts of
 the world. For a total of 998 judges.
 Thornbird received 102 votes
    runners up
 Supreme Sultan received 69 votes
 Conjuration received 53 votes

 On the show report for 1997. Thornbird won in 1 show, Conjuration won in 1
 show and Supreme Sultan did not win Queen of show in 97'.

 On the 100 Favorite list T-Bird was listed 11th with 385 votes, S-Sultan
 was listed 20th with 294 votes, and Conjuration was listed 25th with 264
 votes.

 Looking at the total votes for the Dykes Memorial Medal was rather low in
 proportion to the total judges for 1997, and the rest of information that
 was in the bulletins. So there was a few people that liked it. >>

Hi, Earnest!  Good to "see" you on iris-talk.

Just a point:  Your analysis doesn't deal with the fact that some of us
thought an iris other than a TB (gasp!) was most deserving of the Dykes that
year.   :-)

Cheers,
Dorothy Stiefel
Dryden, NY