Re: CULT: About the List Survey

Hello everyone,

Happy, Happy Holidays to you all.    I have really enjoyed the poll of our favorites, and although I am at least 3 weeks behind (as usual) on reading my mail, I would like to throw in my opinion.     (No one needs to write me and tell me that I could go offline and not receive messages; I know that but my interest and appreciation of this list, and my natural curiosity in the latest gossip means I wouldn't want to miss anything.)

These will not be in any particular order.  I'm actually supposed to be cleaning house and preparing for a small dinner party tonight, however........

IB        Lemon Pop
            Pink Kitten
            Zinc Pink

BB        Batik

MTB    Ozark Evening
            Apricot Drops
            Merit
            Zulu

TB        Mesmerizer
            Crimson Snow
            Immortality
            Going my Way
            Vanity
            Before the Storm
            Hello Darkness
            Clarence
            Night Ruler
            Blue Lustre
            Honky Tonk Blues
            An-Jan
            Altruist
            All American
            Bengal Tiger
            Best Bet
            Raspberry Frills
            Raspberry Snow
            Spellbreaker
            Rustler
            San Francisco
            Silverado
            Sky Fire
            Paprika Fono's
            Queen in Calico
            Old Black Magic
            Sweet Musette
            Liaison
            Magharee
            Mariah

I really must get going on my dinner party.   I have all hybridizers, etc on all the above in my catalog.  If anyone would like help just let me know.

There are MANY Louisiana, Japanese, Siberians and PCN's that I will try to add on a later post.

What source do you guys use to determine your zone?  Sunset's Western Garden Book says that I am in Zone 17.   I live about 10 miles as the crow flies from the Pacific, about 90 miles south of the Oregon border in an 1870's farmhouse (one of the original 3 Carlotta Valley homes).

Betty Coyle
Carlotta Iris Garden
(707)768-3940