Re: CULT: About the List Survey

From: BigAlligator@aol.com

In a message dated 12/3/99 3:42:59 PM Eastern Standard Time,
irislady@northcoast.com writes:

<< What source do you guys use to determine your zone?  Sunset's Western
Garden Book says that I am in Zone 17.   I live about 10 miles as the crow
flies from the Pacific, about 90 miles south of the Oregon border in an
1870's farmhouse (one of the original 3 Carlotta Valley homes). >>

Betty,
     I use both Sunset and USDA Zones.  My location is in USDA Zone 8b.  The
Sunset National Garden Book has me in Sunset Zone 28.  I find the Sunset
Zones to be a big help because there are huge climatic differences between
Florida Zone 8b and a west coast zone 8b.

Mark A. Cook
BigAlligator@aol.com
Dunnellon, Florida.     [Low 31 F, High 77 F]