SPEC: Moreaea polystachya

From: Karen Jellum <7kjellum@3rivers.net>

I was just at the Phoenix Botantical Gardens in Arizona and saw a beautiful
little flower which I assumed was an iris.  After looking every place I saw
it blooming, I finally found a label.  It was called the African Iris,
Moreaea polystachya.  (I borrowed a pen from a stranger in order to write
the botanical name down.)  The leaves were very thin but over 12 inches tall
and the flower was small in size but in scale with the leaves.  In one
location, they covered a large area.

 Before this topic came up, I was going to pose a question as to whether it
was a rhizome or a bulb.

Karen