Re: SPEC: Moreaea polystachya

From: "Patterson, Dallas" <nye@mail.fidalgo.net>

You're most welcome.

We added some Dietes bicolor / Moraea bicolor and Dietes iridoides to our
collection of Irids while living in Southern California. Ellen, my wife,
liked the yellow of the bicolor; and I liked the white and lavender of
the iridoides. Unfortunately, we had to leave them behind when we moved
to Washington. They were in the ground and couldn't be expected to
survive a move in January. We recently planted a Dietes vegeta in a
protected location by the foundation of the house. We're experimenting to
see if the micro-climate next to the house will be sufficient to overcome
USDA Zone 8 climate that is supposedly slightly hostile to this plant.

The photos of the other Irids on the Web site are interesting, aren't
they? Check out the Dietes and the Neomarica....

Dallas Patterson
nye@fidalgo.net