REB: REBLOOMERS and the RIS Checklist

From: vince lewonski <vincelewonski@yahoo.com>

--- RYFigge@aol.com wrote:
> Hi, guess you have found out that the CHECKLIST  for RIS
> has both zones and
> states - and country(!) listed for rebloom of any iris
> that has ever
> rebloomed, whether "supposed" to rebloom or not!
>> SO-o-o- the burden rests with the buyer beware - a
caveat
> emptor sort of
> thing.  That means we have come to a full circle - and,
> therefore, you really
> need the REBLOOMING CHECKLST (again to be ordered from
> Charlie Brown), so you
> can use your eagle eye  to find the irises you need for
> whatever purpose!
>Anyhow,
> the main idea is to
> enjoy this beautiful flower, which is even more beautiful
> when it reblooms --
> and to learn from each other as to where and how it does
> rebloom!    Rosalie
> nr Baltimore

   V. sez:
   I would also strongly encourage people to let their
local RIS rep know what is reblooming for you, and when.
Maybe some of these "oncers" have rebloomed other places,
but it just hasn't been reported. For some of the irises,
you're not sure if it has infrequent rebloom, or just
hasn't been recorded, or just isn't distributed widely
enough to know if it will rebloom elsewhere.

=====
Vince Lewonski
vincelewonski@yahoo.com
Secane, PA  Zone 6