Re: CULT: Agricultural Antibiotics/Agrimycin

From: John or Margaret Montgomery <monashee@junction.net>

vince lewonski wrote:

>    FIFTH: Going from applying Agrimycin to a couple of
> rhizomes to mutant E. coli and flesh eating bacteria seems
> a bit of a stretch. We're talking about Erwinna here, which
> is not killing off old folks in England, and which has not
> been dosed with every known antibiotic while in humans by
> members of the A.M.A.
Okay, you have my attention!
I am getting sick of hearing the expression that what you do
in your backyard has no effect on me.  IT DAMN WELL DOES
HAVE AN EFFECT ON ME.  To say otherwise is either ignorance
or arrogance.

As I have stated before I am pretty much a middle of the
road person in these things but to be putting antibiotics on
ORNAMENTALS ( and I don't care if it cost 10 times $50.00)
is just plain irresponsible. At least if it is a food crop,
we are keeping a farmer in business.  Ornamentals are just
that, and to try to keep them alive and even worse,
perpetuating their genes, serves NO USEFUL PURPPOSE.

I apologize a bit for being grumpy but the next time someone
implies that what he does affects him only - I will be just
as angry.

John Montgomery
Vernon  BC

Win a Digital Camera, Palm Pilot & more! Enter NOW!
Check out the hottest new tool for getting feedback & info online fast
ZOOMERANG is FREE and FUN, with new prizes everyday!