CULT: List Survey - Compilation Report

From: "Donald Eaves" <donald@eastland.net>

Hello Folks,

For those interested, here's an update of what I've done with the
lists.  The master list currently has 1,798 line entries comprised
of cultivars obtained from lists sent in by 76 people.

The above has been compiled to 'one line per cultivar' and resulted
in reducing it to 1, 173 line entries with 64 cultivars being mentioned
4 or more times, another 64 cultivars being mentioned 3 times each,
166 cultivars being mentioned twice each and the remaining 879
cultivars being mentioned once only.  I am trying to structure it on
excel so it can be sorted by cultivar name or by # of mentions or
by type (e.g. MTB, spec etc.), by rebloom, by historic status, by
space ager classification.  The origin of the mentions is kept in the
right column by state.  An example of 6 mentions might appear as
follows:    ID, OK(3) TN, VA.  I'm sorry to say making a specific state
sort friendly is beyond my capabilities - or at least keeping it friendly
to print.

Since I've finished compiling the master list, I'm trying to proof some
more and hoping the type of CITYSCAPE will be furnished, that being
the last cultivar name I haven't managed to tag.  Also, I'm trying to
add the rebloom and space age designations where they are not yet
given.  These will probably never be perfect since I have limited
resources for searching here at home.  At this point I am keeping
both lists current.  That is tedious, but makes for a double check on

Whatever I'm going to do with the finished thing is beyond me.  This
thing makes for a stack of paper!  I'm pleased with what I can find,
tho.  My working title has been 'Annerable Mentions' since the origin
of the lists was Anner's idea.  The lists seemed to have slowed down,
but I will continue to add new submissions for a bit longer while I work
on proofing and finding a bit more info.

Donald Eaves
Texas Zone 7