Re: Re: Popularizing non-TB iris--was: TB: Thornbird Info.

From: Dennis Kramb <dkramb@badbear.com>

>Judges, of course, have a duty to the whole genus, and not just their

I honestly don't understand the process of voting.  How many judges are
there?  How many HM votes do they get to cast?  What obligations do they
have?  Is it possible for them to vote for only TBs and ignore the other
classes?  I simply can't make sense of the winningest HM quarterbred
arilbred only getting 13 votes...out of how many judges?  How many hundreds
of judges declined to vote for this class?  Quarterbreds can be grown
everywhere that TBs can be grown.  Aren't judges under any obligation to
grow them?

I wonder how many of them would grow SATAN'S MISTRESS if it was registered
as a 1/4-bred instead of a TB?  I wonder how many of them know it's
1/4-bred.  I wonder how many even know what a 1/4-bred is???  That last
question might sound offensive, especially if you're a judge, but the fact
that only approx. 13 of you voted for this class really makes me wonder!!!

I better shut up now...

Dennis Kramb; dkramb@badbear.com