From: Sharon McAllister <73372.1745@compuserve.com>

Donald Eaves wrote:

Sharon McAllister posted a historic TB on her list named
CAHOKIA.  This one appears in several family trees as an
ancestor.  I've been curious about this one for while and
have wanted to ask if anyone had experiences growing it.
How blue is it?

Subjectively speaking of course, I'd describe it as a light but fairly true
blue.  Not as much violet as many light blues.

>  Another older one that has piqued my curiosity is called
CAIRO LYRIC (Peterson '73).  Can't find much else on this
one.  I know this hybridizer worked with arils and this one
has what I've come to think of as an arilbred sounding name.
Does it have any aril genes?  Or just purely a TB?  Does
anyone grow it?

A TB from BLACK SWAN X GALA MADRID.  I grew it once and must say that it
outlasted most of my TBs.  My theory is that Peterson & Muhlestein TBs have
been such great partners for arilbreds because they manage to bloom in hot,
dry climates and therefore have the chance to become parents.

Sharon McAllister

Win a Digital Camera, Palm Pilot & more! Enter NOW!
Check out the hottest new tool for getting feedback & info online fast
ZOOMERANG is FREE and FUN, with new prizes everyday!