Re: LA: SPEC: Popularizing non-TB iris

From: Irisborer@aol.com

In a message dated 12/4/1999 7:30:36 PM Eastern Standard Time,
BigAlligator@aol.com writes:

<< As my Louisiana Irises and types of Iris virginica and Iris pseudacorus
 increase, I will share the extras with local gardeners who are willing to
 give them a try.  A few gardeners know of these plants, but most don't, and
 there is no organized way to promote them yet. >>

Hey Mark:

I have an idea..... why don't you contact your local garden club and offer to
give a short presentation on the types of irises that grow in FLA.... OR, if
you're not ready for that, maybe you could cut some blooms for a meeting and
bring them with cultural info.

OR, why not invite the local garden columnist out to your garden during bloom
time.... those people are hungry for things to write about.  In fact, if you
put together a 'fact sheet', they'll love you for it.... and if you even
write them an article - they'll love you more!

You can be an iris evangelist.

Kathy Guest
E. Aurora, NY

Got a question about boating? Skiing? Rollerblading? Fishing?
Ask a real expert at www.ExpertCentral.com
With over 4700 experts, the Web's largest question and answer resource