Re: LA: SPEC: Popularizing non-TB iris

From: BigAlligator@aol.com

In a message dated 12/4/99 10:16:53 PM Eastern Standard Time,
donald@eastland.net writes:

<< I'm not sure the above statement may be a bit misleading into the
 amount of drought that at least the LAs can handle.  >>

Donald,
     When gardening in sand, things become a bit different.  At first, I had
them in the ground, but even with irrigation, the drought in 1998 almost
wiped them out.  Even plants of Iris tridentata, Iris virginica, and Iris
pseudacorus, took off when planted in the sunken kiddie pools.  Before, they
had been sulking terribly.

Mark A. Cook
BigAlligator@aol.com
Dunnellon, Florida.