Re: Re:SA:temperature vs horns

From: Gerry Snyder <gcsnyd@loop.com>

HIPSource@aol.com wrote:

> .... I'd say any photo chosen for illustration in a national mainstream
> magazine should show the flower with characteristic color and form and be
> instantly recognizable to those familiar with the iris.

Perhaps easier said than done.

Bob Plank's photo of Thornbird on the cover of the October '97 Bulletin
is very representative of how the iris looks in my garden (the picture
was taken somewhere else), and I have been growing it since the year
after introduction. But some folks who know much more about irises than
I ever will stated emphatically that it was not Thornbird.

Gerry
--
mailto:gcsnyd@loop.com
Gerry Snyder, AIS Symposium Chair