Re: Digest Number 792

From: Jeanne Holley <irisarian@yahoo.com>

Dorothy wrote,

Welcome to the list, Jeanne.  You have at least one
very illustrious
irisarian in your part of the country.  Are you close
enough to visit
Dave
Niswonger's garden frequently? ...

Thanks for the welcome Dorothy.  Yes, Dave is a member
of the Semo Iris Society and is basically our mentor.
I have visited his garden on occasion, both the one in
town and the one in the country.  He also is
hybridizing nut trees and right now daffodils.  We
also have El Roderick and Clyde Hahn (both
hybridizers) in our club and I myself have one iris
that will be introduced soon; probably not until 2001,
since it is so expensive to buy an ad in the AIS
Bulletin.

>>I would love to see it someday!  Please
don't
lurk too long.<<

Well if you decide to come this way please let us know
so that we can form a welcoming committee.

Jeanne Holley
PO Box 255
Jackson MO 63755