Re: CULT: About the Survey and AIS

From: "Donald Eaves" <donald@eastland.net>

Anner writes:

>Furthermore, Donald and I became immediately and acutely aware of
>how reducing the responses to a form for ready reference saps vitality out
of
>it and confers a fictive order upon the data that does not convey the
essence
>of this experience as we have shared it.

This is true.  Some of favorites...and why I enjoyed compiling the list:

ENGLISH EYES
    I like the Aril-bred so well I lined out about 8 of them!
                        -Dana Brown

DIRIGO DEBUTANTE
    was in bloom for 6 weeks in my garden this year.  It was like the
energizer bunny.
                        -Gary White

WELL SUITED
    dark purple black bitone, looks like its ready to go to the opera.
                        -Dell Perry

CAROLINA FRAGRANCE
    beautiful blue with a wonderful smell (the yellow Lab likes it most)
                        -Leslie Liddiard

FAIRY FINGERS
    Enchanting little white weirdness.
                        -Anner Whitehead

STREET WALKER
    Aptly named.  Flamboyant. Gaudy. Too much makeup.  I love it!
                        -Marcia D. Connolly

LUMALITE
    Glowing yellow-green amoena with orange beards.  It looks like
its PLUGGED IN, folks!  Garden presence galore, and a "good doer."
                        -Dorothy Stiefel

CRIMSON TIDE
    Crown rosy-white laced lilac; velvety deep-plum falls with lilac rim.
Spicy-sweet scent.  People come up to my desk to touch this one to
make sure it's not fake--a gorgeous, decadent flower.
                        -Navy Commander Lynn A.

WITCH'S WAND
    hey, I like it.....can be a touchy grower
                        -John Bruce

WHITE LIGHTNING
    I adore those big yellow beards on pure white, one of the first to
flower.
                        -Colleen Modra

EWEN
    ...wonderful beloved enormous blooms that I have tried to kill under
weeds and shade, so it doesn't bloom much anymore.  Check archives
for enormous bloom size here one bizarre wet cold lat spring/early
summer, measured with a ruler after Bill Shear's skepticism :)  Not
usually that big!
                        -Linda Mann

SONJA'S SELAH
    Rich color and good manners.  Never seems to have a bad day.
                        -Christy Hensler

BRASSY BROAD
    the color is to die for....says "come look at me"
                        -Dana Glaser

ROLE MODEL
    another I "had to have" the mement I saw it in Omaha.  I generally
shun anything that suggests pink, but not this deep melon.
                        -Arnold Koekkoek

VINICOLOR
    that LA stepchild nobody wants to recognize
                        -Walter Moores

MOSTEST
    And it is the mostest yellow!
                        -Rita Gormley

    And in the taste test category, Mag-cat would vote for
AQUA WHISPERS.
                        -Marcia Connolly

Thanks folks.  That's what made the compilation fun.  And what
simply can't be compiled.

Donald Eaves
donald@eastland.net
Texas Zone 7