AIS: The Iris Show..Some Thoughts

From: "wmoores" <wmoores@watervalley.net>

	I wonder what my position in irisdom might be today if I had not
stumbled into that Fort Worth Iris Society Show way back in the early
1960's at the Seminary South Shopping Mall.

	I would not have known about AIS.

	I would not have had the opportunity to have my iris interest

	I would still be growing unnamed irises my grandmother gave me.

	I wouldn't have learned anything from Educational Exhibits.

	I wouldn't have known it was an opportunity to find out what
varieties of irises did well in my area.

	I wouldn't have known what a seedling is, much less to know that it
is an opportunity for hybridizers to get their seedlings viewed and
perhaps win an Exhibition Certificate.

	I wouldn't have known that cultural perfection leads to blue

	I wouldn't have known that youth had any interest in iris at all.

	I wouldn't have known that some people are skilled enough to take
this delicate flower and weave it into a beautiful arrangement.

	I wouldn't have met all the wonderful people who have shared my
interest over these nearly forty years when, by accident, I
discovered and attended an iris show.

	'...........I took the road less traveled, and that has made all of
the difference.'

	Walter Moores
	Enid Lake, MS 7/8