Re: AIS: Popularizing non-TB iris

From: DWiris@aol.com

In a message dated 12/5/99 11:28:30 AM Eastern Standard Time,
HIPSource@aol.com writes:

<< Me, I'd like to see AIS hitch up its hoop skirts and leap merrily into a
 wilder arena, move on beyond the show bench and commit itself to a vital
role
 in the greater world of modern horticulture and gardening. And I believe
that
 such is not only possible, it is imperative for the organization's survival.

Dear Anner,
I agree with you completely.  I was not expressing my views regarding TB
irises, but the views of some prominent Irisarians.  I grow and show TBs, but
prefer dwarfs, medians, Siberians, Japanese and species.  I frequently give
programs for garden clubs and introduce the members to the wide variety in
the iris world.  Frequently, we bring rhizomes of dwarfs and medians to be
handed out or given as door prizes.  Unfortunately, we seldom hear from these
people again.

Dorothy Willott