Re: Re: Popularizing non-TB iris

From: "Donald Eaves" <donald@eastland.net>

Hello Folks,

As an aside to Dennis's stats, a quick rundown of the compiled
lists indicates 219 mentions involving 31 irises mentioned at least 6
or more times per cultivar.  This breaks the 31 down as:

21  -  TBs
1   -   BB
1   -   SDB
1   -   spec
3   -   IBs
2   -   SIBs
1   -   LA
1   -   MTB

Of the above 6 were rebloomers, 3 were historic and 2 were space agers.

I guess it's an interesting breakdown, but it's not as much fun as reading
the lists with their comments on the cultivars and the growing situations
described along with the cultivars named on those lists.

Now that the end is near for submissions to the lists, I have been working
on cleaning it up and trying to decide how to refine some fields for sorting
purposes.  The master list is just a bit short of 2000 line entries.  It has
ended being a rather long set of entries, so I don't quite know what to do
with it now that I have it.  I'm not much willing to truncate it at the
of even one name that made the list.

Donald Eaves
Texas Zone 7